- Embrace Genius. Empower Leaders.
Together we embrace genius and
empower leaders to be life-long learners.
- Community Partners!
Our Kenton Run Club worked their tails off all semester while training for their race. On November 19th, they all accomplished their goals and completed the Pumpkin Pie 5K and enjoyed some pie!
- Family Updates & Picture Day
Come to our weekly Parent Coffees every Friday morning at 8:10 a.m to learn about ways to get involved, help your students, and take care of your family.
Welcome to Kenton Elementary
Embrace Genius. Empower Leaders.
We are STAR students!
Kenton students practice the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People everyday!
If you haven't heard, Kenton is now a Playworks school! Read all about the great things Playworks is bringing to our school:
Summer: Sharpen the Saw
How are you SHARPENING THE SAW at home?
Kenton Elementary School Goals
- In order to accelerate student achievement and growth we will…
- Systematically employ Standards Based Teaching/Learning Cycle to provide students with rigorous intervention and enrichment opportunities in reading and math to support and enhance their learning of grade level standards.
- Engage students in rigorous and relevant standards-based learning opportunities that will enable students to respond to their learning in all content areas through writing.
- Develop comprehensive understandings of the five components of reading including how to teach and assess students; needs of these components in order to provide precise instruction that targets individual student gaps.
Kenton in the NEWS:
- Bruton's Books hopes to turn pages on illiteracy
- Aurora's Colfax Community Network reaches homeless kids after school
- Fresh air, exercise and a dose of learning
- Kenton Elementary Teachers Walk Their Community, Meet Students' Families
- Public Schools teachers reaching out through home visits
Learn how YOU can support Kenton today: