- Embrace Genius. Empower Leaders.
Together we embrace genius and
empower leaders to be life-long learners.
- Community Partners!
- Family Updates & Picture Day
Come to our weekly Parent Coffees every Friday morning at 8:10 a.m to learn about ways to get involved, help your students, and take care of your family.
Welcome to Kenton Elementary
Embrace Genius. Empower Leaders.
We are STAR students!
Kenton students practice the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People everyday!
“I’m the teacher, but I’m not the source of all information. This is an opportunity for kids to discover that they can learn on their own. These are not projects where students regurgitate information. Students are actually creating. I love seeing them grow and watching their light bulbs go off, especially when they figure out their own answers.” - David Van Sicklen, Technology Teacher, Kenton Elementary School
Students Embark on Digital Badge Journey Kenton students are using the APS Digital Badge program to document the 21st century skills they acquire through Genius Club. After earning preliminary Journey Badges, students will aim to add the critical thinking Summit Badge to their profiles. Essentially, the badges will propel students in their future goals to apply their skills in the real world. “I encourage students to pursue their interests outside of Genius Club,” Van Sicklen said. “Their passion shouldn’t be confined within these walls. I want to show students that their passion can turn into a profession.”
Summer: Sharpen the Saw
How are you SHARPENING THE SAW at home?
Kenton Elementary School Goals
- In order to accelerate student achievement and growth we will…
- Systematically employ Standards Based Teaching/Learning Cycle to provide students with rigorous intervention and enrichment opportunities in reading and math to support and enhance their learning of grade level standards.
- Engage students in rigorous and relevant standards-based learning opportunities that will enable students to respond to their learning in all content areas through writing.
- Develop comprehensive understandings of the five components of reading including how to teach and assess students; needs of these components in order to provide precise instruction that targets individual student gaps.
Kenton in the NEWS:
- Bruton's Books hopes to turn pages on illiteracy
- Aurora's Colfax Community Network reaches homeless kids after school
- Fresh air, exercise and a dose of learning
- Kenton Elementary Teachers Walk Their Community, Meet Students' Families
- Public Schools teachers reaching out through home visits
Learn how YOU can support Kenton today: