- Embrace Genius. Empower Leaders.
- The Leader in Me
Ask your child how they are putting first things first at school and at home!
We value the leader in every child at Kenton Elementary. This year Kenton has become a Leader in Me school teaching our students the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Each month our school is focusing on one habit. January has been all about putting first things first in our lives. As your child to share one of their big rocks! Many of our students said, family, friends, sports or their school work.
- Family Updates
Join us to learn about ways you can get involved at Kenton. We welcome our families to join us for our PTO meetings, parent coffees, workshops, Family Fun Fest evenings and classroom Parent Days! We believe in partnering with every family to support every child!
- PTO: Feb. 18th @8:10 am
- Parent Coffee: February 12th @ 8:10 am (Cafeteria)
Welcome to Kenton Elementary
Embrace Genius. Empower Leaders.
Safe - Team Player - Accountable - Respectful
NO SCHOOL February 4th and 5th
School Hours: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm.
Students may arrive at 7:45 am.
Next Parent Coffee: February 12, 2016 at 8:10 in the Cafeteria
January: First Things First
How are you putting first things first?
Bruton spoke to students about reading over the summer and the importance of literacy. His new charity foundation, Bruton's Books, will focus on improving reading proficiency for students from kindergarten through third grade. The foundation is partnering with Colorado Reading Corps and School Partners to help schools in low-income areas of Denver. Together the organizations will provide tutoring opportunities and reading supplies.
Kenton Elementary 2015-2016 School Goals
- In order to accelerate student achievement and growth we will…
- Systematically employ Standards Based Teaching/Learning Cycle to provide students with rigorous intervention and enrichment opportunities in reading and math to support and enhance their learning of grade level standards.
- Engage students in rigorous and relevant standards-based learning opportunities that will enable students to respond to their learning in all content areas through writing.
- Develop comprehensive understandings of the five components of reading including how to teach and assess students; needs of these components in order to provide precise instruction that targets individual student gaps.
Kenton in the NEWS:
- Bruton's Books hopes to turn pages on illiteracy
- Aurora's Colfax Community Network reaches homeless kids after school
- Fresh air, exercise and a dose of learning
- Kenton Elementary Teachers Walk Their Community, Meet Students' Families
- Public Schools teachers reaching out through home visits
Learn how YOU can support Kenton today: